Can you spare a couple of hours to change someone’s life for the better?
Can you volunteer?
A wonderful team
At Crossroads Together, have a wonderful team of volunteers who support us in all sorts of ways;
- Raising awareness of our services
- Carrying out administrative tasks
- Helping out at one of our regular social groups for carers
- Supporting young carers with group activties
- Driving carers to and from social groups
- Befriending (more details below)
What is Befriending?
Befriending is where volunteers take an active role in providing companionship and support to carers in their local community.
We would love to find more volunteers to offer a friendly face and a listening ear to carers – do you think this might be you?
Your volunteering role may include:
- Visiting carers in their homes
- Making a regular telephone call to a carer
- Meeting a carer for a social visit in a cafe
- Accompanying a carer to a social activity or supporting them with a shared hobby
Your support can make a real difference to the life of a carer.
Volunteering has a vast range of benefits including learning new skills, which could help you get back into work or enable you to play an active role in the community.
We will offer:
- A first class induction, training and support along with reimbursement of local travel expenses
- A reference to future prospective employers
- An opportunity to make a real difference to the life of a carer and their loved one
- A chance for you to meet some new people and make new friendships
Current Volunteer Initiatives – click to read more
What could you see yourself doing?
As a charitable organisation, we rely on our volunteers to support our services and enable us to invest more funds to support the health and well-being of our army of carers.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life. What could you see yourself doing?
If you would like to offer your support as a volunteer, please contact us and we can discuss what roles we have available in your area.
We can even offer you a taster session to give you more of an idea of who we are and what you might be doing…
Benefits of Volunteering
- Connects you to others
- Increases self-confidence
- Improve your social skills
- Provides a sense of purpose
- Helps you stay physically active
- Improves your mood and overall well-being
- Can support a change in career
- Learn new skills
Want to know more about volunteering with us?
Contact us today to start making a difference in your community!
For all volunteering enquiries, call Maria on 0333 323 1990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the enquiry form below.