Young Carers Service Cheshire East
Important Update About Cheshire East Young Carers Service
We are disappointed to inform you that Crossroads Together young carer’s service in Cheshire East will be ending on the 31st of May 2022.
Sadly, the current climate for funding has been very challenging and despite our best efforts, we have been unable to secure further funding to keep this project running.
Crossroads Together has had a young carers service in Cheshire East for many years. The service has gone through many changes, challenges and of course successes.
To ensure support remains in place for the young carers, our team will be referring the Young Carers into Cheshire East Carers Hub, which is the commissioned service in Cheshire East. Should you come across any young carers from this point on, we would recommend that you contact their team to make your referrals.
0300 303 0208
We would like to thank you for your patience, understanding and support over the past 12 months.
What might a young carer do?
- Practical tasks, such as cooking, housework, shopping and family budgeting
- Emotional support, such as talking to someone who is distressed
- Personal care, such as helping someone out of bed with a hoist and to help them to dress
- Helping with siblings
- Helping to give medicine, collecting prescriptions
How a caring role can affect a young carer:
- Emotionally – putting others first, being worried anxious or stressed
- Physically – Suffering strains from heavy lifting, not looking after their own health
- Socially – Not able to meet up with friends
- Educationally – Difficulties concentrating in class, feeling tired, worried, no time for homework