Young Carers Service Bolton
A new service is here for young carers of Breightmet
Life as a young carer can be challenging. If you are between 8 and 18 years old and help look after someone at home who is ill, or has a mental or physical disability, we are here to help you.
This service supports young carers who live in the Breightmet neighbourhood of Bolton, in Greater Manchester.
What might a young carer do?
- Practical tasks, such as cooking, housework, shopping and family budgeting
- Emotional support, such as talking to someone who is distressed
- Personal care, such as helping someone out of bed with a hoist and to help them to dress
- Helping with siblings
- Helping to give medicine, collecting prescriptions
How a caring role can affect a young carer:
- Emotionally – putting others first, being worried anxious or stressed
- Physically – Suffering strains from heavy lifting, not looking after their own health
- Socially – Not able to meet up with friends
- Educationally – Difficulties concentrating in class, feeling tired, worried, no time for homework
How Crossroads Together can help:
- Fortnightly personal development sessions
- Time away from caring responsibilities
- Meet other young carers
- Online Zoom groups when we can’t meet face to face
- One annual day trip for each age group, to be decided by the group
- Someone to listen and a place to talk
- Information and funding advice
Get In Touch
Contact us using the details below or complete the form to arrange a callback.
Contact Bolton Young Carers
Bolton Young Carers
Call: 07341 562144 or 0161 44509595
Arrange a call back...