Young Carers Service Bolton
A new service is here for young carers of Breightmet
Life as a young carer can be challenging. If you are between 8 and 18 years old and help look after someone at home who is ill, or has a mental or physical disability, we are here to help you.
This service supports young carers who live in the Breightmet neighbourhood of Bolton, in Greater Manchester.
What might a young carer do?
- Practical tasks, such as cooking, housework, shopping and family budgeting
- Emotional support, such as talking to someone who is distressed
- Personal care, such as helping someone out of bed with a hoist and to help them to dress
- Helping with siblings
- Helping to give medicine, collecting prescriptions
How a caring role can affect a young carer:
- Emotionally – putting others first, being worried anxious or stressed
- Physically – Suffering strains from heavy lifting, not looking after their own health
- Socially – Not able to meet up with friends
- Educationally – Difficulties concentrating in class, feeling tired, worried, no time for homework
How Crossroads Together can help:
Groups for young carers
Fun, relaxed and varied group activities where you can hang out with other people your age in an easy going and supportive setting.
- Groups base in and around Breightmet.
- Time away from caring responsibilities
- Meet other young carers
- Online Zoom groups when we can’t meet face to face
- Someone to listen and a place to talk
Summer and School Half term
- Day trips and activities
One to one support
- Information and funding advice
- Help with dealing with how you are feeling
- A chance to offload
- Support and advocacy
Get In Touch or Make A Referral
To make a referral, please use the forms below. If you are making a general enquiry, please enter your details to arrange a call back.
Posters, leaflets and more information
Click the box below to take you through to posters and leaflets that you can download.
Arrange a call back...