Registered Care Area Manager – Cheshire & Shropshire
Role covers Cheshire & Shropshire
Registered Care Area Manager
Full Time Role 37 hours per week
Salary: Circa £35,000
Crossroads Together are a charitable organisation who provide information, advice and support to anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid for a family member or friend.
This role will give an experienced Registered Care Area Manager a real opportunity to make a difference. Working alongside a team of Area Managers and the Head of Operations, you will be an integral part of our busy and proactive team, ensuring that quality care is delivered to the highest standards.
This role is about getting into the detail, asking the right questions and maintaining or implementing processes to ensure we are safe and legal at all times. Maximising business growth will be a key part of the role. You will need an eye for detail, a passion for high standards and the tenacity to try something new. You will need to be confident in presenting your suggestions to the senior team and skilled at implementing action plans to deliver changes at pace.
The role will involve working across Cheshire & Shropshire with occasional support for our Hereford locality team leaders.
- Work closely with a team of Area Managers, Service Leads and the Head of Operations to ensure the maintenance, compliance and development of standards in relation to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014
- Supporting all given locations to deliver services as a Registered Care Manager
- Offer support and guidance to other locations in the absence of Area Managers
- Managing quality standards to ensure full compliance with CQC regulations
- Work towards our team goal of ‘Outstanding’ in all locations
- Attending high level meetings as and when required
- Participate in preparing and making formal presentations to an internal/external audience
- Maximise business growth and income across all locations
- Manage risk within locations to keep us safe and legal at all times
- Prioritise workloads to ensure we keep all the plates spinning
We are CQC rated ‘Good’ in all of our locations.
Closing date: 12pm on Friday 17 January 2020
Interviews will take place W/c 20 January 2020
|Experience of working within a similar role for a minimum of 2 years including managing regulated services and leading services through regulatory inspections|
|QCF / NVQ Level 5 in Leadership & Management or equivalent|
|A strong coach that sees the value of a team journey|
|Excellent organisation and IT skills to aid the requirements of this busy role|
|Proven experience of managing multiple teams within a large geographical area|
|Strong communication and interpersonal skills|
|A confident speaker who can create and deliver engaging presentations to a variety of audiences|
|Able to work alongside commissioners and funders to ensure services are delivered in line with contracts including completion of high quality contract monitoring reports|
|Creative thinker that can implement robust changes at pace|
|Able to deliver meaningful actions that stand the test of time|
|Previous experience of auditing quality and compliance is essential|
|A driving licence and access to a car are essential for this role|
|Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience|
|Mileage allowance 38p|
|24 days holiday, plus bank holidays|
|High quality training and career development opportunities|
|Company contribution to your workplace pension|
|Access to CarerSmart and NHS discount schemes offering you money saving vouchers and discounts|
For more information please call 0330 124 4526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Due to the high number of applications, we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. If you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks, then unfortunately you were unsuccessful on this occasion.Send a message