Shropshire Carers Service
What is Shropshire Carers Service?
Every day 6,000 people will become a carer. Shropshire Carers Centre offers emotional and practical support, advice, information and guidance and a wealth of social and leisure opportunities to ensure carers cope well with their caring role. We support carers of all ages, including young carers, caring for someone resident in Shropshire county.
Who is a carer?
A carer is someone of any age who cares, unpaid, for a family member or friend who, due to illness, a disability, a mental health problem or an addiction, cannot cope without support.
Why do we need to identify carers?
Caring can be very rewarding, but also very demanding and can affect physical and mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Many carers are trying to work, study and look after other family members in addition to their caring responsibilities. It is important to ensure carers are aware of support available as early as possible.
How Shropshire Carers Service can help?
- By supporting carers to think about their own needs and wellbeing.
- By listening and offering a range of services and support including; 1:1 support, information, advice, advocacy and signposting.
- By operating an information and support line for carers 9am–5pm Monday to Friday.
- By offering home visits to ensure all carers can access the service.
- By helping with applications for Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance, PIP and Blue Badges.
- By facilitating information sessions, social events, outing and groups, for full details, click here to read the latest newsletter
- By offering specialised support for young carers under the age of 18.
Sign up to receive our Shropshire Newsletter here
Emergency and Future Plannings
It’s key to ensure you have plans in place should an emergency happen whilst you are caring for someone. Take a read of our Emergency and Future Planning Pack to assist you in being prepared.
Click on the link below to view the pack…
Carers Emergency Response Service
Shropshire Carers Service also provide a Carers Emergency Response Service (CERS). In the event of an unforeseen emergency where you are unable to care for your loved one, CERS could be the lifeline you need. Our experienced Carer Support Workers will give you peace of mind, ensuring your loved one is well looked after by providing high quality support at a time that could be very stressful for you as a carer.
There is no charge for this service for the first 48 hours (72 hours over a weekend or bank holiday). During this time, plans will be made to organise on-going care if needed.
To enquire call 01743 341995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This service is funded by Shropshire Council.